Organization Chart of S&T Branch/SWR/MYS
Signal &Telecommunication department is maintaining the Signalling and telecommunication at stations spread over Mysuru Division apart from executing minor construction works.
There are 92 number stations in Mysuru division and 60 number of level crossing gates having Interlocking.
No.of Signalling staff.
No.of Telecom staff..
ABOUT THE SYSTEM
Signalling is the most important aspect of Railways that ensures that trains pass through the stations safely.This is a type of communication conveyed to the drivers by the Station Master whether the train can enter / depart from a station or on which line the train is received which enables drivers to control the speed at which train can pass over station.This is also a system, which eliminates the human failures while dealing trains. The design of signaling and different types of equipment used ensures a fail safe operation.
Different electrical means like Track circuits, lever locks, relays, Axle counters, Dataloggers, Panels, Contactors, different kinds of batteries, chargers, generators, Block instruments, solid state interlocking devices etc are integrated in a manner that ensure safety.
BRIEF PARTICULARS OF BANGALORE DIVISION (SIGNALING)
No. Of Stations
No. of Standard I Interlocked stations
No. of Standard II Interlocked stations
No. of Standard III Interlocked stations
No. of Rudimentary Interlocked stations
No. of RRI Stations
No. of Panel Interlocked stations
No. of Electro-Mechanical stations Centralised operation with SM’s Control
No. of Electronic Inter Locking
No. of Mid section Interlocked LCs
No. of LCs provided with Magneto Phones
No. of Aspects provided with Triple Pole Lamps
No. of Battery charger voltage Monitors provided at stations
No. of stations provided with Calling-On Signals
No. of stations provided with Integrated Power Supply
No.of Tokenless/Token Block instruments
b.S/L Tokenless PTJ make-79
c.D/L Tokenless SGE Type-13
d.Token - Neale's Ball Type -0
e.Token- Neale's Tablet Type-0
No. of signals provided with Solar Panels for lighting
No. of LEDs aspects provided for signals
No. of Interlocked Points
a. Electrical Point Machines-870
b. Rod working-0
c. HP Lock-90
No. of Track Circuits
No. of Signaling Units
TYPES OF SIGNALING
Signalling can be of any one/combination of the following types
- Mechanical signaling
- Electro-mechanical signaling
- Panel Interlocking
- Route Relay Interlocking
- Electronic Interlocking
- Centralized opratiions & Signals by SM Control
The staff maintaining signalling system are highly skilled, requiring to adopt utmost discipline for ensuring safety. They are on their toes to pass the trains with minimum possible delays. Good, well-established communication network of OFC, Quad cables and overhead alignment are connected from a control office that maintain a network for Railway operations.
TYPES OF SIGNALS
DIFFERENT NAMES GIVEN TO SIGNALS
- Shunt signal
- Starter signal (Dispatch signals)
- Home signals (Reception signals)
- Calling on Signals
Apart from the regular maintenance work, the division has taken up various innovative works for implementation of advance technologies like-
- Networking of Dataloggers for not only enabling preventive maintenance by study of performance parameters but also for online tracking of train movements on over division..
- Automatic announcement of train arrival/departure at stations without manual intervention.
PN exchanger: Machine generated / stored exchange of Private Numbers exchange between LC gate and the adjoining station.
- Provision of communication from mid section/accident site to the Division HQs using only one pair of copper conductor from the existing Emergency socket network during emergencies.
- Provision of Real time monitoring of Relief and Rescue operations from accident site and rendering prompt assistance.
- Provision of coach guidance systems for the benefit of the travelling public.
- Provision of e-tracking for better enforcement of maintenance schedules.