OVERVIEW OF PASSENGER TRAIN SERVICES AND OTHER FACILITIES PROVIDED FOR PASSENGERS:
On an average South Western Railway runs 128 Mail/Express trains per day including Rajdhani, Shatabdi & Janashatabdi Express. These trains connect all the corners of the Country far off destinations like New Delhi, Guwahati, Kanyakumari, Howrah, Hyderabad, Chennai, Thiruvananthapuram, Gorakhpur, Patna, Ahmedabad, Gandhidham, Ajmer, Jodhpur, Jaipur Bilaspur,Hatia, Bhubaneshwar etc., to cater to mostly long distance traffic. In addition on an average 159 Passenger trains are also run per day to cater to short distance traffic
I. During 2006-07 the following additional train services were provided:
1. T. No. 6532/6533 YPR ? AII ? YPR Garib Nawaz Express (Weekly) with effect from 11.08.2006.
2. T. No. 6315/6316 SBC ? KCVL (Weekly) express via ERS with effect from 12.11.06.
3. T. No. 2889/2890 TATA ? YPR ? TATA weekly superfast express Ex: Tata with effect from 08.12.06 Ex: YPR 11.012.06.
4. T. No. 5277/5278 Darbhanga ? Bangalore city Bagamati weekly express has been introduced Ex: Darbhanga on 19.02.07. Ex: Bangalore on 24.02.07 Ex: Darbhanga (Tuesday) Ex: Bangalore (Saturday).
II. Extension of trains (2006-07)
1. Extension of Train No. 7227/7228 VSG ? BZA Amaravathi Express to Howrah four days a week with new train numbers 2847/2848 Ex: VSG w.e.f. 10.12.06 Ex: VSG (Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday).
2. T. No. 6513/6514 YPR ? BJP extended to BGK w.e.f. 16.09.06.
3. T. No. 6232/6231 Mysore ? kumbakonam - Mysore to Mayiladutturai w.e.f. 17.06.06.
4. T. No. 385/386 Sholapur ? Bijapur to Bagalkot w.e.f 16.09.06.
5. T. No. 8563/8564 Vishakapatnam ? Bangalore ? Vishakapatnam Prashanti Express extended upto Bhubaneshwar. Ex: Bhubaneshwar from 20.02.07 Ex: Bangalore from 21.02.07.
6. Extension of Bangalore ? Hosur DEMU service upto Dharmapuri duly canceling SH 1/HS 2 specials. Inaugural service on 21.04.07 and regular service commenced from SBC on 23.04.07.
III. Augmentation of Trains (2006-07)
1. T. No. 311/312 UBL ? BAY ? UBL passenger augmented by 3 GS w.e.f. 01.11.06.
2. T. No. 6511/6512 Yesvantpur - Bilaspur ? Yesvantpur and integrated T. No. 6527/6528 Yesvantpur - Cannanore? Yesvantpur express augmented by 2 GSCN w.e.f. 24.10.06 16 to 18 coaches.
3. T. No. 6221/6222 MYS ? MAS express and T. No. 6231/6232 MY ? MYS Express augmented by 1 GSCN each w.e.f.15.12.06 from 17 to 18 coaches.
4. T. No. 2607/2608 MAS ? SBC ? MAS Lalbagh Express and T. No. 2609/2610 MAS ? SBC ? MAS express augmented by 1 GSCZ w.e.f. 11.03.07 from 20 to 21 coaches.
5. T. No. 581/582 SBC ? UBL/CTA passenger augmented by 1 GS w.e.f. 03.03.07 from 17 to 18coaches.
1v) Increase in Frequency (2006-07 )
1. T. No. 2683/2684 SBC ? ERS Express weekly to bi-weekly w.e.f 05.07.06.
2. T. No. 2509/2510 SBC ? GHY Express from 2 days a week to 3 days a week w.e.f. 06.07.06.
3. T. No. 1329/1330 CSTM ? BJP Passenger from tri-weekly to 4 days a week. w.e.f 01.12.06.
4. T. No. 370/380 BGM ? MRJ Passenger 4 days a week to 6 days a week w.e.f. 01.04.06.
5. T. No. 377/378 BGM ? MRJ Passenger 5 days a week to 6 days a week w.e.f 01.04.06.
;font-f y �_���"sans-serif";color:black'>HUBLI:
·Now that Hubli has become the Headquarters of a zone, significant improvements have to be made in the coaching facilities. Presently, both platforms and maintenance facilities are limited.
·It is, now, planned to create a goods terminal at Navalur, with this, the goods facilities at Hubli can be progressively closed and the vacated space used for developing a proper coaching terminal.