दक्षिण पश्चिम रेलवे/ SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY
प्रेस विज्ञप्ति/ Press Release No. 332 Dt: 30.12.2020
HUBBALLI DIVISION FIRST IN SWR TO GET ISO
CERTIFICATION FOR SAFETY
Railway Disaster Management Plans for each zone of Indian Railway were prepared following the suggestion of a High Level Committee in September, 2002 to prepare a plan enumerating the basic work-frame for organizing efficient relief operation in handling disasters. The Disaster Preparedness of the Railways has undergone drastic changes during the last 14 years since the promulgation of the Disaster Management Act in 2005 and the scope of the preparedness has become much wider to include incidences like terrorism, natural calamities etc. besides accidents.
Safety Department of Hubballi Division on South Western Railway was awarded ISO 9001:2015 for “Management of Emergency Situation in Accordance with Disaster Management Plan”, yesterday i.e. 29.12.2020.
Well established Disaster Management is in place at Hubballi Division for speedy recovery and fast re-railment in case of emergency. Following systems are kept ready and monitored frequently:
1. All the Accident Relief Trains (ART) have been kept in a radius of 150 Km at Hubballi, Castle Rock, Vasco-da-gama, Hosapete and Vijayapura to reach the spot immediately in case of any disaster.
2. All the Equipments provided in ART are being regularly maintained for emergency purpose.
3. The 140 T Crane is provided at Hubbali for immediate movement on emergencies.
4. Self Propelled Accident Relief Train (SPART) located at Hubballi, Castle Rock and Vijayapura is readily available and manned round the clock to reach the accident site immediately in view of Golden hour.
5. Inspections of ART/ARMV are being carried out are being carried out periodically and to check all equipments are in working condition and advanced tools & equipment to deal with LHB & ICF coaches have been procured.
6. The data bank of Disaster management contains all the state government officials contact numbers in case of emergency.
7. The coaches provided in ART are fit to run at a speed of 110 kmph to reach the spot immediately.
8. To ensure that staff are fit and ready to attend to any disaster, Mock exercises of coach lifting and fire protection is being done periodically. Mock Exercise with NDRF is also being conducted once in a Year to facilitate the Railway staff to act in emergency. on Job training of HRD equipments is being given to the staff, by providing the condemned coaches regularly at Hubballi, Vijayapura and Castlerock.
Shri Ajay Kumar Singh, GM/SWR congratulated the Safety Branch and Hubballi team of Shri Arvind Malkhede, Divisional Railway Manager, Hubballi for this achievement and was proud that SWR is equipped to provide a quick disaster response and ensure immediate attention to injured persons in case of and Disaster. Shri Singh said that the number of consequential and non-consequential accidents has come down drastically over the years with the consistent efforts of Hubballi Division.
Chief Public Relations Officer South Western Railway, Hubballi