दक्षिण पश्चिम रेलवे/ SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY प्रेस विज्ञप्ति/ Press Release No. 257 Dt: 23.07.2021
SWR PRESS BULLETIN -7 (08:30 PM)
1. For the stranded passengers of Train No. 01134, a special train to Trivandrum Central left Madgaon at 7 PM. Stranded Passengers are given an option to board this train if they wish to return to their native. Few of the passengers have already boarded Amritsar - Kochuveli Express which left Madgaon at 2:40 PM today.
2. All 887 passengers of Train No 02780 were served breakfast, lunch and medical help was made available at Londa Station. 142 passengers availed cash refund at Londa, amounting to Rs. 85670. The others had booked e Tickets and have been advised to apply for refund on IRCTC portal.
3. At Londa Station, for 107 passengers who had come to Board other trains and got stranded, since the trains they were to board, were cancelled, due to the landslide/rainfall. For these passengers dinner arrangements are being made by Railways for these passengers to help them cope. Railways will extend all assistance to stranded passengers to the best possible extent in this difficult situation.
4. Two Hitachi machines, about 50 labourers are working hard at the spot of land slide to clear the mud, slush and boulders. Due to very heavy rainfall, there is further continuous accumulation of slush, boulders, mud from the area beside the track, making the clearing of debris, a challenging task. Mud had also accumulated inside the derailed coach.
The team of senior officers, at site is supervising the operations and guiding the technicians suitably.
Our best efforts are on, in clearing the debris, at the earliest.
5. The other vulnerable areas in Ghat section are being regularly and continuously monitored and patrolled, in the interest of safety.
6. Night lighting arrangements have been made and safety protocol are being followed at the work site.
7. The section between Shivathan-Londa where water was flowing over the track due to overflowing of Bhandari nallah is closely monitored at the HQ Disaster Management Cell, SWR.
8. General Manager SWR Shri Gajanan Mallya is reviewing the situation every 3 hourly, and the Disaster Management Cell is maintaining close liaison with officers at site. GM Shri Mallya, took stock of the situation in meticulous detail, reviewed the arrangements made and further action plan. He issued suitable directions to the Officers, for planning & executing early restoration. He expressed concern and enquired about the safety and welfare of the labourers at site.
Chief Public Relations Officer South Western Railway, Hubballi