दक्षिण पश्चिम रेलवे / SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY प्रेस विज्ञप्ति / Press Release No. 443 Dt: 02.12.2021
SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY REGISTERS RECORD GROWTH IN PARCEL AND FREIGHT REVENUE EARNINGS DURING NOVEMBER –2021
South Western Railway has recorded parcel revenue of Rs.10.42 Cr. during November-2021, as against Rs. 6.63 Cr (+57.16%) during last year. In the period April– November 2021, the cumulative parcel revenue is Rs.79.68 Cr. which is 149.26% higher than the revenue earned in the same period last year (Rs. 31.97 Crore).
Highlights of Parcel Earning for November 2021:
1)SWR has run 02 Kisan Specials from Kyatsandra to Mariani & Baihata, generating tonnage of 0.556 and revenue of Rs.0.370 Cr. Kisan Rail has emerged as a boon to farmers by providing access of new markets for local farmers for the transport of perishable through Kisan Rail at an upfront subsidy of 50% on freight charges.
2) SWR has transported 06 NMG rakes of which 3werefrom Nanjangud Town to Sankrail Goods Terminal Yard (in Kharagpur Division of South Eastern Railway) and 3 more from Vasco-Da-Gama to Inland Container Depot (under Delhi Division of Northern Railway), with 1.36 tonnage of Tires and Nestle products earning a revenue of Rs.0.763 Cr. Railways is emerging as a reliable transporter of choice for automobile manufactures.
3) 9 Leased 'Parcel Cargo Express Special Trains' have been run by SWR from Yesvantpur to Inland Container Depot - Delhi, generating the 3.290 tonnages and revenue of Rs. 1.222 Cr. This is helping small scale industries, traders; white goods manufacturers of Bengaluru area to transport their products to various parts of the country.
4) 1 Indented GS parcel special from Vasco-Da-Gama to Kalmeshwar (Nagpur Division of Central Railway) with 0.218 tonnes of Nestle Products and Tires, earning revenue of Rs. 0.106 Cr.
5) SWR has run 2 timetabled Parcel Express trains were run from Vasco-Da-Gama to Guwahati and from KSR Bengaluru to Dimapur, carrying 1.078tonnes of Nestle products and other commodities, earning revenue of Rs.78.5 lakhs.
6) SWR has registered overall excellent freight performance in the month of November 2021 despite the challenges posed by Covid-19 pandemic and the incessant downpour. Railways are striving hard to ensure the maintenance of supply chain of raw material and essential commodities to industries. From April 2021 to November 2021, the originating loading of Coal recorded an increase of 2.1%.In this period SWR carried 5.95 million tonnes of coal, compared to 5.83 million tonnes during the corresponding period of last year.
7) Similarly, for the same period the transport of Pig Iron and finished steel registered an increase of 12.9%. For the period from April 2021 to November 2021, SWR transported 5.43 million tonnes of steel compared to 4.81 million tonnes transported during the corresponding period of last year.
8) Likewise, containers traffic over SWR showed an upward trend. From April 2021 to November 2021, SWR registered 30.8% increase with 0.51 million tonnes of loading as against 0.39 million tonnes loaded between the period from April 2020 to November 2020.
General manager Shri Sanjeev Kishore has appreciated the good performance in parcel and freight loading despite the challengers posed by COVID-19 Pandemic and monsoon.
Chief Public Relations Officer South Western Railway, Hubballi