दक्षिण पश्चिम रेलवे/ SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY
प्रेस विज्ञप्ति/ Press Release No. 337 Dt: 03.01.20201
DOUBLE LINE TRACK BETWEEN HARIHAR AND
DEVARAGUDDA STATIONS (31 Km) COMMISSIONED
Newly laid double line between Harihar and Devaragudda Stations (31 Kms) on South Western Railway, Mysuru Division was commissioned on 02.01.2021. This double line between Harihar and Devaragudda Stations is part of the 190 Km doubling between Hubballi and Chikjajur. 81 Km have so far been commissioned in this section which includes 37 Km between Chikjajur-Tolahunse, commissioned in Oct 2018 and 13 Km between Davangere-Harihar, commissioned in Nov 2019.
Commissioner of Railway Safety (CRS)/ Southern Circle, Bengaluru completed statutory inspection of newly laid double line between Harihar and Devaragudda stations (31 Km) on 23.12.2020 & 24.12.2020 .After completion of all Non interlocking and interlocking works ,double line between Harihar and Devaragudda Station has been opened to traffic from 02.01.2020.
On completion of CRS inspection Non Interlocking works started from 29.12.20 and were completed on 02.01.2021. The following works were completed enabling commissioning of the section on 2.2.2021
1. Kumarapatna siding (9 routes) was commissioned on 29.12.20 with yard remodelling and doubling on both end with EI alteration.
2. Chalgeri (32 routes) was commissioned on 30.12.20 with yard remodelling with doubling on both end with EI alteration.
3. Ranebennu (34 routes) commissioned on 31.12.20 with yard remodelling from exg 2 rd to 4 rd alongwith doubling on both end with EI alteration.
4. Devaragudda (32 routes) was commissioned on 01.01.21 with yard remodelling from exg 2 rd to 4 rd alongwith doubling on Ranebennur end with EI alteration.
5. Harihar (141 routes) commissioned on 02.01.21with major yard remodelling from exg 5 rd to 7rd with 24 additional points 33 new track ckts along wth doubling towards KMPS.
Salient features of Harihar – Devaraguda Section:
1.One additional running line, and 1 additional stabling line and 2 full length shunting necks are added in Harihar yard. Major yard remodelling work is done in Harihar yard spanning a length of 2.5 km. Total – 46 points were inserted, which was mammoth work under traffic conditions.
2.Two additional running lines were added in Devargudda and one additional line each at Kumarapatnam, Chalgeri and Ranebennur were also been added as a part of this doubling.
3. 2 new High Level Island Platforms in Chalgeri yard of 450m length each and 2 no. High Level end PF of each 540 m length at Devaragudda yard have been constructed . PF extension/ Widening of 170 m length of two PFs in Harihar, one PF of 120 m length in Chalegere, and two PFs of 100 m each in Ranebennur. Trolley path at both side of PF have been paved with concrete for way movement of trollies/wheel chairs .
4. 4 Level crossing gates closed after construction of ROB / RUB work in the section.
LC -208 and 213 closed by construction of ROB,
LC-219 and 221 closed by construction of RUB.
5. Two new RUBs at 77 and 82 were also constructed responding to public demand as a part of doubling
6. The total cost of Project is Rs. 298 crore.
7. One important Bridge of 16 span constructed on Tungabandra river.
The work of doubling of the section was planned by Shri K C Swami, CAO/CN. The plan was meticulously executed by Shri Narayan Rao, CE/CN/North and Shri Shantiram, CSTE/CN and other officials of Construction Organisation.
Shri, Rahul Agarwal, Divisional Railway Manager of Mysuru Division, monitored the work of interlocking along with Officers and staff of Mysuru division who worked continuously for early commissioning of the section.
Shri Ajay Kumar Singh, GM/SWR commended the work saying that it will improve Mobility greatly. Infrastructure development was given big thrust with this doubling to enable the zone to run faster trains. Shri Singh informed that the work of the remaining section is in full swing and targeted to be commissioned in in next year. He said that yard remodeling works done at Harihar with team work and synchronisation of all branches of Railway . This remodeling gives good flexibility to yard operations at Harihar. Keeping passenger convienence at mind many passenger amenities also have been provided in this work.
Also responding to public demand and representations of Elected representatives, 2 Road Over Bridges and 2 Road under bridges have been constructed in this section that will facilitate road users and will enhance safety.
Chief Public Relations Officer South Western Railway, Hubballi