Electrification of MYS Division started with electrification of MYS(Mysuru)-NHY(Naganahalli) double line section (21TKM) in Feb-2018 and electrification of MNGT Yard was completed by Feb-2019 by RE/SC Organization. Further it was extended up to Y-Yeliur by Railway Board orders for Jurisdiction Bifurcation in October-2019 (93TKM).
Electrification of JRU(Chikjajur)-RDG(Rayadurga) section of MYS Division was taken up by RVNL/Bellary in Jan-2020. In 1st Phase of this project, RDG(Rayadurga) – THKU(Thalaku) 53TKM was electrified and CRS was conducted on 30.06.2020.
The traction distribution branch is responsible for maintenance of power supply to 25 KV AC overhead equipment which gets power through sub-stations located en-route. The total Track kilometres electrified in MYS division is 143 TKM and power is fed through 02 TSS (at Yeliur and Bellary) and sectionalised with 2 SP and 2 SSP.
- Maintenance of Traction Power Supply installations
- Maintenance of Traction Overhead equipment
- Supervisory Remote Control System
- Construction activities pertaining to this section
- Monitoring of Railway Electrification Works.