Highlights of Environment & Housekeeping Management, Bangalore Division
1. 1.Environment and House Keeping Management (EnHM) started functioning in Bangalore (SBC) Division from September 2016 as per Railway Board’s guidelines to deal with the issues related to Environment & Housekeeping Management.
2.Organisation chart of EnHM in Bangalore Division is as under
11CHIs/HIs from Medical department 01 SSE from Mechanical department
3. Initially Housekeeping Management function included Mechanised cleaning of A1 and
A category stations
A1 Cat - 2 Stations SBC and YPR
A Cat - 5 stations, BNC, KGI, KJM, SSPN & BWT
Earlier this work was managed by Medical Department.
4. EnHM had undertaken rigorous cleanliness activities at these A-1 and A category Stations which attracted positive feedback from the passengers and the public at large.
5. Regular checks are being conducted by EnHM to ensure cleanliness of Platforms, Trains, Tracks, Circulating Areas and Station premises.
6. In addition to the above activities, EnHM wing is working in tandem with BBMP to curb open defecation at vulnerable places like boundary areas between Railways and BBMP and further importance has been given to beautification of Railway premises with the help of Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) and other Social Service Organisations.
7. A close co-ordination and liaison is being maintained with Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) to ensure regular removal of garbage from garbage bins on daily basis and non-accumulation of garbage in areas adjoining Railway premises. 21 such locations in the jurisdiction of BBMP where garbage accumulation is prevalent have been listed out and BBMP has been constantly persuaded to clean the garbage regularly. A team headed by DEnHM/SBC, DEN/S/SBC and DPO/Co/SBC has been formulated to ensure follow up of these activities with BBMP.
8. In connection with Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activity among the various organisations approached, RVNL has agreed to construct Pay & Use toilets at YPR station under CSR activity.
9. Intensive cleaning drives are being conducted regularly at stations to improve the standard of cleaning further to ensure a healthy and passenger friendly environment.
10. Health education programmes on environmental hygiene are regularly conducted to create awareness amongst the passengers and public.