Integrated Management System
- Recently, Central Workshop, Mysuru has obtained Integrated Management System certificate comprising of ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management System), ISO14001:2015 (Environmental Management System) and OHSAS 18001(Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- The process of obtaining certification for 5S, ISO 50001 (Energy Management System), ISO 3834 (Quality requirements for welding) is under way and is expected to be completed by Dec-2017.
- Out of a total 31101 sqm of open space available in workshop, 4856 sq m is under green cover (15.16%). The total no. of trees available is 365 i.e one tree/ 85.18 sqm.
- To mark World Environment Day on 05.06.15, about 200 trees were planted in front of workshop and surrounding areas of which about 120 trees have survived.
- On 05-06-16, all staff participated with enthusiasm by planting 34 Nos. of saplings of different species.
Switch over to Alternative Energy
- By adopting various energy saving measures like providing solar panels, LED fittings etc, energy consumption was reduced by 57,570 KWH resulting in a saving of Rs 3.45 lakhs (@ Rs 6/KWH) during 2016-17.
- The projectof harnessing solar power (500 KWp) by installing SPV on roof tops of workshop buildings at a cost of 2.75 crores is under progress.
- The project of providing SPV panels on the roof of newly built wheel shop office building is under process.
Effluent Treatment Plant
- An Effluent Treatment Plant, installed in 2003, recycles about 15 Kl of water daily which is used for washing bogies. Action is being taken for extending this facility for washing axle boxes and pre washing of coaches.
- Bosch tank cleaning discharge and battery acid cleaning is treated with ETP before it is released to drain; thus ensuring Nil discharge of polluting fluid effluents.
- An ETP of 50 KLD capacity has been proposed under Augmentation of POH facilities project ofWorkshop.
Solid waste Disposal
- Hazardous waste items like oil soaked waste, spent acid are disposed through Pollution Control Board approved agency.
- LOA for disposing other solid wastes likeworkshop refusal etc has been awarded to a private firm on 01.03.17 for a quantity of 400 MT over a period of 18 months