* SAFETY 1ST AND ALL THE TIME-24/7
* ZERO ACCIDENTS.
* 100% SAFETY INSPECTIONS.
* 100% SAFETY EQUIPMENTS AS PRESCRIBED AT ALL STATIONS.
* 100% SAFETY EQUIPMENTS WITH DRIVERS & GUARDS.
* 100% SAFETY PRECAUTIONS WHILE WORKING AT SITE.
Function of the Safety Department
* It monitors the safe maintenance and operation practices adopted by all the
* Conduct surprise checks for ensuring safe train operation.
* Counsel and educate staff to inculcate spirit of safe train operation.
* It prepares the Safety circulars, Posters, Bulletins to educate the Railway men
and Public to avoid accidents.
* It launches Safety Drives to prevent the unusual occurrences.
* Counseling is the major tool adopted by this department for educating the public
to avoid the accidents at Un Manned level crossing.
* It conducts the Internal Railway Safety Audit and Intra Railway Safety Audits to
ensure safety is followed at all the levels in all the departmentsystem(s) before it
in too late.
* Safety Department is a multi disciplinary department which ensures the safety on
* It ensures the implementation of all the safety directives issued byRB.
OverView of the Safety Department
Safety Department is entrusted with the onerous task of safe transit ofpassengers with the active cooperation and monitoring of all sister departments. Safety Counsellors and Officers have to function like watch dogs to ensure that the systems laid down through manuals/Codes/JPOs/Practices are being followed in the field for this purpose. If deviation are becoming routine and systems getting degenerated the same must be brought to the notice of concerned PHODs/CHODs for correcting the system(s) before it in too late.