Transfer means a change of Headquarters of a Railway servant and it is not a punishment.
When the transfer is temporary the same should be mentioned in the transfer order.In such cases the employee is entitled to TA/DA for a period of 180 days after which the transfer will become permanent.The employee will continue to draw HRA/CCA at the rates admissible in respect of his old headquarters. He can retain the Railway quarters at the old station.
In the case of permanent transfer ordered on administrative ground the employee is eligible for composite transfer grant, joining time, pass on transfer account, advance of pay equal to one month basic pay.
When a transfer is ordered at the request of the employee, transfer privileges are not admissible. However, in the case of periodical transfer where request of the employee is accepted composite transfer grant is paid. If the order is silent about the nature of the order, it will be construed that it is ordered on administrative grounds.In respect of request transfer from one station to another within the same seniority unit, transfer orders are issued on priority basis.
Staff occupying sensitive posts and who come in contact with the public, contractors etc. are to be transferred once in every 4 years. In case of clerical staff wording in sensitive posts rotational transfer from one section to another or one seat to another will meet the requirement of the periodical transfer.
Staffs are also transferred to other seniority units on administrative grounds on complaints from Vig/CBI/SPF etc.
Mutual transfer may be allowed even in the intermediate grade where there is no element of direct recruitment. In mutual transfer the employees are given the seniority of the junior.
Transfer of trade Union officials
Proposal for transfer of an office bearer should be advised to the union concerned to make alternative arrangements.Union should be allowed to bring the proposal to the notice of DRM/CWM or GM later, if necessary.
In the case of periodical transfer where GM decides not to cancel the order the transfer may be kept pending till next election, subject to a maximum period of one year. If an office bearer is transferred from one section / Department within the same office there is no need to inform union.
Transfer of union official on the recommendation of CBI/SPE, can be decided only if the GM has seen the papers.
The procedure of advising union about transfer is not necessary in the case of request transfer.
If the transfer is involved on promotion Information as usual is to be given to the union.
Joining time is granted to the Railway servants on transfer to enable them to join new post either in the same station or in the new station.
- It is not admissible for temporary transfer.
- Railway servants are eligible for joining time to take up employment on reduction of establishment or on discharge provided the orders are received while working in old post, otherwise the break will be treated as joining time with out pay up to 30 days.
- Serving Railway servants, State and Central Government employees are entitled for joining time on appointment to Railways through competitive examinations. Temporary Railway servants with less than 3 years of service are eligible for joining time with out pay.
- Joining time commences from the date of relief if the charges are handed over in the forenoon and from the next day if the charges are handed over in the after noon.
- The joining time is calculated from old head quarters or tour station for all purposes.
- Not more than one day joining time is admissible for transfer with in the same station or where no change of residence is involved. Same station for this purpose includes areas falling within the localities of Municipality, Corporation, suburban limits, Cantonment and other notified areas.
- Joining time on account of transfer is admissible provided if change of residence is involved with reference to the distance between old and new station. It is allowed at the following rate.
Up to 1000 KMs
More than 1000 KMs but less than 2000 Kms
More than 2000 KMs
15 Days *
*(In the case of travel by Air, joining time will be limited to 12 days. )
- Distance means the actual distance and not the weighted distance for the joining time.
- Extension of joining time is allowed in special circumstances to Gr. C&D employees up to 30 days by DRM/HOD.Railway Board can allow extension beyond 30 days.
- Extensions are calculated by adding eight days for preparation plus reasonable transit time, holidays, allowance for unavoidable detention due to disruption to transport, strike, natural calamites and time spent for catching connecting trains etc.
- When holidays follow joining time, it is deemed as extended one.
- When transfer order is modified by posting the Railway servant to a new station during transit, a fresh spell of joining time from the following day of the receipt of revised order is admissible.
- Unavailed joining time can be credited to the LAP subject to the restriction on the accumulation of LAP.
- SCL in lieu of joining time is not admissible.
- Joining time can be combined with all kinds of leave, vacation and holidays.It cannot be combined with CL and SCL.
- Joining time is regarded as duty. Railway servants on joining time are eligible for Pay, DA, HRA, and CCA etc.as drawn in the old post.
- The old station is the head quarters of the Railway servant during joining time.
- At the time of deputation joining time will be allowed as provided in the Department/ Organization of joining unless different provisions are agreed mutually.
* * * * *